11.20.2006

Krakow

After 3 days of sitting in a truck, driving towards south Poland, I arrived yesterday morning somewhere close to Katowice. 10 minutes of hitchhiking, and I got a ride directly to center of Krakow.







Arnold and Lennart

The truckdrivers were really cool. 2 trucks were driving together from Estonia to Italy.

Arne is a laid back lifetime truckdriver in the age of 65, making some extra cash for the shitty pension he gets from the government.

Tiit is an ex meat factory sausage plant boss. Been to Chernobyl to fix the shit, but luckily his health is perfect

I called dr. Dimitrov to tell him that I have arrived. My good old sleepy monkeybrained chap came to meet me at the train station. We went to his place, had some bread for breakfast and took a walk in the old town filled with tourists. Tourist shit is not for me, so we returned to his cozy flat to celebrate Boykos birthday by drinking up a bottle of rakia, made by his grandfather.
By the time we got back, Boykos belarussian girlfriend Anna had woken, and started to make a birthday cake. We drank some rakia, had some nice Bulgarian cheese and sausage as sakuska, and chatted about the cool things that had happened during the summer.

Now, I have a crazy hangover and everybody else has left for school. Fresh air will do good for my health, so I will take a walk





No comments: