12.05.2006

Tbilisi & Georgian hospitality

The first thing I did after arriving in the railway station of Tbilisi was, to try contact Joss. He arrived the night before and we were supposed to meet to team up at last and continue the trip together. But the fucker did not want to show himself. I waited for a long time in the subway station nearby and after 2 hours he appeared, accompanied by a policeman. I immediately thought- damn, this dude is fast. Less than 12 hours in Tbilisi and already in trouble with the police. But the policemen in this town turned out to be extremely nice and they were just trying to help Joss to find the way.


So, we went to the house of my fathers friend- Ruben. My dad used to make cognac business with Ruben during the eighties and is considered to be a member of Rubens family. And so was I. The people greeted me in a way they greet only family members.




And then we started eating and drinking.






and then we drank some more

and ofcourse
we were offered some more

1 comment:

elErnesto said...

Very nice traditions dude!I feel tempted to deeper explore georgian traditional hospitality and eating-drinking ritauls! El Ernesto sends greetings to all Georgians out there!- And good (road) luck to The Dude!!!