12.22.2006

week in Tehran


i came to find the summer in asia, but instead
theres more snow here than in europe


Finally, after several days of struggle and countless visits to the embassy of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, we walked out of it, with visas in our passports. Not cheap (760 000 rials+15 USD for the reccomendation letter, made by the embassy of Sweden) but yet another triumph over the cogwheels of bureaucracy, weird unnecessary laws and cocky embassy staff put a smile on my face.

Now, during the nearest few days, we try to leave Teheran. It is cold here, and me and Joss are still a bit sick, so we wanna go to the seaside, south Iran, city of Bandar Abbas. Current temperature there- +30. We will be accompanied by Amir, our host in Tehran. I got in touch with him trough mr. Piros of Magyaristan, and I am extremely grateful. Amirs family treats us like we would be their own family. Very, extremely pleasant people.

But Amir himself is a crazy fuck with a twisted sense of humour- exactly my kinda dude. We've been chilling in his house, visiting markets, hanging in the city and just having fun, talking all kinds of shit.

Hope we get some traintickets tomorrow. Good news is that public transport is cheap in this country- it is 1300 km to Bandar Abbas. 1st class tickets- 86 000 rials.

2 comments:

Amir B. said...

It's because of 2 reasons:

1) you were introduced by Stefan, my good friend, who also took care of me for 40 days during my visit to Sweden in Summer 2005

2) Both of the Estonian Backpackers have been super polite, humble, understanding and come from good families.

I have learnt alot from the two of them, and would like to keep in touch with them.

-Amir

hapnik said...

kuule, dude, saada siia seda lund ;)